Aug 18, 2008

RELATIONSHIPS.

For what? Someone please explain to me the point of being in a relationship? We all tell ourselves that we're in relationships to learn, and grow, and become closer with our significant other when we usually end up doing the exact opposite. We so long for some type of companionship that we often rush into things before actually taking the time out to asses the situation and decide if it's truely best for all parties involved. In most cases it's not. For most people, it's usually the physical attraction or the escape from their "real world" that kick-starts the relationship. For me, it was the fact that I was so tired of being alone. I thought I was happy with myself and the way my life was going. I told myself and others I was. That was just a front. What I've gathered from this year and a half battle of a relationship is that the biggest relationship flaw lies in the woman. We lose ourselves in love. It's inevitable. No matter how fucked up a creature the man is we have ourselves to blame. A man can lie to you, beat you, or cheat on you but as a woman we have to posess the strength and fortitude to walk away. No matter how much you may love someone you have to have the courage to know when it's time to walk away. I fell in love with a great guy, with so many flaws. It's a catch 22. I can't stand his ass, but I can't live without him. I think that through all him and I have been through I ultimately lost myself. I can't identify myself anymore. I'm just "relationship" Breanne. I'm the Breanne he wants me to be. Which brings me back to the question... for what? I'd go on, but I'm out of time.

1 comment:

NIKE THEORY said...

Ah, this is such a great blog post. It hits so close to home with me. Lol, I was single for close two years and my relationship before that was exactly what you're explaining; although from a man's perspective. I wish I could offer advice, but advice is for suckers. You do what you feel is best for you regardless, advice or not. You know?

Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I'm Jay. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Breanne.

Keep in touch.